ALPHARETTA, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Clearside Biomedical, Inc., a privately held ophthalmic company developing and commercializing targeted therapeutics for the treatment of sight-threatening diseases, today announced that research on its proprietary retinal therapeutics platform will be presented at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology (ARVO), May 5-9, 2013, in Seattle, WA.
“Targeted Drug Delivery to Treat Choroidal-Retinal Diseases: A Minimally Invasive Approach Using Microneedles.”
Prior to the ARVO Annual Meeting, company scientific founder Henry F. Edelhauser, Ph.D., professor of ophthalmology, Emory University School of Medicine, will deliver the opening presentation at the ARVO Foundation's Vision Innovation and Venture Forum, on May 3, 2013, at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Dr. Edelhauser will present, "Targeted Drug Delivery to Treat Choroidal-Retinal Diseases: A Minimally Invasive Approach Using Microneedles."
Six poster presentations will occur during the ARVO Annual Meeting, including:
- Verhoeven RS, Patel SR, Viaud-Quentric K, Cacciamani F, Amar T, Yerxa B. Suprachoroidal Microinjection of Triamcinolone Acetonide is Well Tolerated in the Albino Rabbit. [119-C0124. May 5, 8:30-10:15 a.m., Exhibit/Poster Hall, Physiology/Pharmacology]
- Patel SR, Carvalho R, Mundwiler KE, Meschter C, Verhoeven RS. Evaluation of Suprachoroidal Microinjection of Triamcinolone Acetonide in a Model of Panuveitis in Albino Rabbits. [2927-B0296. May 7, 8:30-10:15 a.m., Exhibit/Poster Hall, Immunology/Microbiology]
- Morales-Canton V, Fromow-Guerra JJ, Salinas Longoria S, Romero Vera R, Widmann M, Patel SR, Yerxa B. Suprachoroidal Microinjection of Bevacizumab is Well Tolerated in Human Patients. [3299-A0150. May 7, 11:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m., Exhibit/Poster Hall, Physiology/Pharmacology]
- Burke B, Verhoeven RS, Patel SR. Comparison of the Total Amount of Triamcinolone Acetonide Delivered Via Suprachoroidal or Intravitreal Administration. [5062-B0020. May 8, 2:45-4:30 p.m., Exhibit/Poster Hall, Physiology/Pharmacology]
- Edelhauser HF, Patel SR, Meschter C, Dean R, Powell K, Verhoeven RS. Suprachoroidal Microinjection Delivers Triamcinolone Acetonide to Therapeutically-Relevant Posterior Ocular Structures and Limits Exposure in the Anterior Segment. [5063-B0021. May 8, 2:45-4:30 p.m., Exhibit/Poster Hall, Physiology/Pharmacology]
- Gilger BC, Abarca EM, Salmon JH, Patel SR. Treatment of Acute Posterior Uveitis by Injection of Triamcinolone Acetonide into the Suprachoroidal Space Using Microneedles. [5059-B0017. May 8, 2:45-4:30 p.m., Exhibit/Poster Hall, Physiology/Pharmacology]
About Clearside Biomedical, Inc.
Clearside Biomedical, Inc., headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, is a clinical-stage ophthalmic pharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes targeted therapeutics to treat sight-threatening diseases. Clearside treats the pathological changes to the blood retinal barrier that lead to retinal blindness by delivering therapeutics through the suprachoroidal space to the retina and choroid using a proprietary microinjection dosage form. Clearside Biomedical was founded by an executive team with extensive development and revenue growth expertise. This team strives for better delivery and performance of its therapeutic agents to improve the standard of care for patients with retinal and choroidal disease. Visit www.clearsidebiomedical.com for more information.